.
March 20, 2010 Dear Franco,
to write these few lines after reading the brochure, kindly, you gave me, containing some reflections on some pages of the Risorgimento regarding Camillo Monaco and in which I am quoted several times in As holder of the documentation relating to the facts.
wish to do so because, as a result of what you published on your blog circulate some very inaccurate and distorted information about the figure of Camillo Monaco.
I happened, just this evening in Piazza Manfredi to hear a guy (I do not know and maybe did not even know who to speak) to make appraisals of the frankly unacceptable, calling on Camillo Monaco a criminal.
I want here to clarify a few things that are important to me as a citizen and a descendant of Camillo Monaco.
March 20, 2010 Dear Franco,
to write these few lines after reading the brochure, kindly, you gave me, containing some reflections on some pages of the Risorgimento regarding Camillo Monaco and in which I am quoted several times in As holder of the documentation relating to the facts.
wish to do so because, as a result of what you published on your blog circulate some very inaccurate and distorted information about the figure of Camillo Monaco.
I happened, just this evening in Piazza Manfredi to hear a guy (I do not know and maybe did not even know who to speak) to make appraisals of the frankly unacceptable, calling on Camillo Monaco a criminal.
I want here to clarify a few things that are important to me as a citizen and a descendant of Camillo Monaco.
I do not want, for now, go in detail, based on unpublished documents also in the reconstruction of the episode you refer to.
I also want to correct some inaccuracies in your brochure.
I state that I, being, in a sense, a party, I can be accused of partisanship in rereading the story and the facts, but you know that objectivity has only the Almighty. I will try to stick to the facts thus setting them in historical and political context of the time. I state again
I learned the basics of historical method (and I talk about basics and tools as I consider myself an amateur and not a real town) from the studies of Bloch and Jacques Le Goff today are still considered the most advanced in this field. The story can not be done with the intent to rehabilitate something, someone or a political party without falling into false and in denial or revisionism. You will
professed lover of things of the past and local history enthusiast and write that you like spend your time looking for information on the history and the past of Oria. This does you credit, maybe they do a lot with your own love.
Unfortunately for this, but you are not servants of documents and sources of the but the writings of people who have read of these documents. I assure you that even I've had so far never have time to read all of your time. I reserve the right, at last, now that I'm retired. But surely I can say that I have read some documents in more than a few people that you quote and that I got an idea of \u200b\u200bthe facts and events rather articulated. On a consideration
recognize you a few reasons: the fact that Camillo Monaco, commander of the National Guard and member of the liberal bourgeoisie lacked the means to defend themselves in a process, unlike the people involved in the events. But that means were available to those who inspired the revolt and of which he was director. I refer the bourgeois nostalgia of the Bourbon regime and that part of the Church (cleverly orchestrated by Bishop Margarita) who had not only nostalgia for the former regime and the powers of time lost in 1860/61 but also economic interests at stake. From the papers is, if read carefully and without partisanship, which from the days before they were set in motion to stir popular discontent. Welcome also to the fact that then refer to previous convictions of some members of the National Guard would have to check when was this background to understand if they were not the result of aggressive police Bourbon (Bishop Margarita which he used extensively). In addition to welcoming your quotes witnesses against him but says little about the witnesses for the defense that allowed the defendants' acquittal of Monaco.
Much more correct from a historical perspective it seems to me to read that provides context Dr. Andriani that leaves room for doubt and slopes and in-depth research.
says he does not understand the decision to name the elementary school at the Monaco "C. Monaco "forgetting that the school was entitled to the same very year of the centenary and who made this choice made him think of the different Oritani patriots. Perhaps it also ignores the Monaco as an administrator is also responsible for school and education. Traces of this commitment, you can find in the records of the municipal nursery and documentation the elementary schools. Insofar as the quote that you do not understand what his son Dante has to do with a law degree with the letterhead of the school. Or maybe you want to say that education should not ignore the story and must only deal to broadcast content (as does the current education pseudoministro?).
in what I owned the house now it has never been in possession of the family in Monaco Glad that belonged to the family since the end of 1700. Glad the family had received a donation from the Italian canon Barsanofio who lived there and owned a mill (now the home of Dr. Cesare Leone). The canon, dying, had bequeathed a niece married to Dr. Cosimo Glad paternal grandfather of my grandmother Beatrice Content in Filoti (descending, his mother's side, by Camillo Monaco). [Note: I corrected the inaccuracies in question as reported by Filoti, Ed]
With regard to the current home of the family of Dean Mazza I have always felt that the house belonged to the family but Monaco, up to Now, I have not found documentation that establishes with certainty.
also assure you that I do not have any documents (or at least so far I have not found) showing that the possession by the family of the house of Giulio Monaco Caforio. I know that in the last century (ie since the early 1900) was in possession of the family quell'abitazione Montanari who then gave it to Emily Mazza. The back (the one where there is an arc that in the alley behind the house) belonged to the family and other Camposeo. The family Camposeo, including, ran one of the oldest kilns Oria is still intact and is very beautiful. As the arms
please observe better because it depicts a coat of arms Monaco hippogriff holding a silver globe. The emblem depicts a different animal in the photo, at whose feet seem to be a character who, personally, I can not clearly distinguished and the top rather than a globe it seems to me a flower. On this perhaps the prof. John Ferraioli will be much more helpful. On the
writes Professor Welcome, I respect that person and to which I am bound by sincere friendship I do not share the reading of the events that gave.
This is a very partisan reading with regard to the rehabilitation of Bishop Margarita. I intend to write further after a more thorough reading of the cards (including unpublished material).
the rest of the figure of Mons Margarita there we can get an idea by reading the words of Turrisi, Palumbo and Argentina and I do not think it comes out a very clear picture as a priest, in fact.
I limit myself to only invite you to reflect on the political context and to compare (Albeit small) of what happened in Italy after the Resistance, or even what happened after the riots of 1848. All changes lead resistance, hatred and violence and the rest were less than the robbers Bourbon as evidenced by the same Dr. Andriani in his valuable research.
The weather was still burning and therefore were daily clashes.
Mine is not a justification of violence but an attempt to explain and understand. From reading the correspondence and evidence, indicated that they tried to avoid confrontation but spirits were very excited.
Moreover, moving in a different context is not what happened in Genoa during the G8? Or is what happened in the motions Avola or Reggio Emilia? When the political struggle and the far reaches of the clash between the square and squares and such things often happen, in my opinion, the real culprits to be found in those who use the streets as pawns of the political game and not only in those squares who then acts protagonist.
However, beyond the responsibility in the affair would not want to diminish the role of Monaco and patriots who pledged themselves to free Italy from an illiberal regime.
Again, someone, and not unreasonably, might object on the errors of the Savoy and the governments of left and right on economic policy, industrial, agricultural and transport sectors in the South.
Here is an interesting debate and would useful to reread the studies Salvemini, Nitti, Giolitti, etc. Cross. the problem, but this is not the place to discuss it.
That said, I will stop here for now and, anyway, I want to thank you for having provoked in some way a cultural debate in Oria (a rare thing in these times in which matters much more than being and appearing to have and to 'act).
I would just ask you to give publicity to these reflections and this is my contribution to better understand the history of local area (but also the nation's history) in a time when there are widespread attempts to deny its value.
"He has no memory of his past can not design future "(Primo Levi)
Hail and embrace you with esteem and affection
Oria March 19, 2010 Salvatore Filoti
thank his friend Salvatore Filoti for this valuable contribution. I hope there are others, not just his, but also other citizens, who, without wanting to "criminalize" Camillo Monaco, they contribute to shed light on everything that happened 150 years ago in Oria. I must emphasize that if the "moving some very inaccurate and distorted information about the figure of Camillo Monaco ", as claimed Filoti, I certainly can not be held responsible for what I am. Still less prof. Welcome Antonio or D / ssa Andriani. Apparently someone has been horrified to read of the death of three people, March 31, 1861, in circumstances still not entirely clear, and will freely drawn their own conclusions! Do not forget that Italy is taking place in a kind of revisionism that everything was in Italian history during those years. The robbers Garibaldi and the same are seen with different eyes now. Reserving the right to intervene in the matter I would still say a little something about the analogy made by Filoti with the facts of the G8 in Genoa. I do not think that there are still gray areas in the affair of Genoa. For the death of Carlo Giuliani, and some have been convicted even obliged to pay parties (read HERE ). Camillo Monaco unlike the events in Genoa was tried 8-9 years after the death of the two shepherds and Sartorio, and this was one of the reasons for which he was acquitted. It 's still an active committee per Carlo Giuliani (read HERE) and I am sure that Giuliani will not be forgotten, someone will be promoted to a title in his name to something a lasting memory. I am also sure that will never be called a school or someone responsible for the nasty business of the G8 in Genoa.
I wonder and I ask you: "It 's just that the three Oritani who unfortunately died on Easter Sunday 1861 in Oria at the hands of elements of the Guard National under the command of Camillo Monaco, should be forgotten forever .... from all of us? "I copy and paste a passage from the document signed by the prof-analysis. Welcome: [ that the intervention of the National Guard was useless it relies heavily on the statements made during the process:
Francesco D'Amico, guard National, said that neither Saturday or Easter Sunday there was no reason to fear a revolt.
Vincenzo D'Amico said he had taken in that way you get rid of the "reactionary."
Angelo De Angelis, National Guard, said that the Guard was neither caused nor threatened.
Domenico Greek called the National Guards 'foam robbers' protected by Monaco. John Toscano, the National Guard, accused the Monaco, saying that it was he who incited the guards. ] The fact that Filoti said today that there still unreleased documents about the history of those years Oria, supporting the hypothesis (mine and others) that until now there has never been the willingness of local politicians and scholars analyze all with or without "historical method second Bloch and Jacques Le Goff. " In relation to afore then Filoti ago that the house was once Emily Mazza and now Julius Caforio, I must point out that he perhaps strange that the same Giulio Caforio recently purchased the bakery and the house at number Camposeo 36 is found located at the front where the coat of arms which I think might be of Monaco. That house became the property of the deceased Ntunucciu Camposeo (bachelor, carpenter, member of the town band, nicknamed Santuroccu) in the eighties.
I also want to correct some inaccuracies in your brochure.
I state that I, being, in a sense, a party, I can be accused of partisanship in rereading the story and the facts, but you know that objectivity has only the Almighty. I will try to stick to the facts thus setting them in historical and political context of the time. I state again
I learned the basics of historical method (and I talk about basics and tools as I consider myself an amateur and not a real town) from the studies of Bloch and Jacques Le Goff today are still considered the most advanced in this field. The story can not be done with the intent to rehabilitate something, someone or a political party without falling into false and in denial or revisionism. You will
professed lover of things of the past and local history enthusiast and write that you like spend your time looking for information on the history and the past of Oria. This does you credit, maybe they do a lot with your own love.
Unfortunately for this, but you are not servants of documents and sources of the but the writings of people who have read of these documents. I assure you that even I've had so far never have time to read all of your time. I reserve the right, at last, now that I'm retired. But surely I can say that I have read some documents in more than a few people that you quote and that I got an idea of \u200b\u200bthe facts and events rather articulated. On a consideration
recognize you a few reasons: the fact that Camillo Monaco, commander of the National Guard and member of the liberal bourgeoisie lacked the means to defend themselves in a process, unlike the people involved in the events. But that means were available to those who inspired the revolt and of which he was director. I refer the bourgeois nostalgia of the Bourbon regime and that part of the Church (cleverly orchestrated by Bishop Margarita) who had not only nostalgia for the former regime and the powers of time lost in 1860/61 but also economic interests at stake. From the papers is, if read carefully and without partisanship, which from the days before they were set in motion to stir popular discontent. Welcome also to the fact that then refer to previous convictions of some members of the National Guard would have to check when was this background to understand if they were not the result of aggressive police Bourbon (Bishop Margarita which he used extensively). In addition to welcoming your quotes witnesses against him but says little about the witnesses for the defense that allowed the defendants' acquittal of Monaco.
Much more correct from a historical perspective it seems to me to read that provides context Dr. Andriani that leaves room for doubt and slopes and in-depth research.
says he does not understand the decision to name the elementary school at the Monaco "C. Monaco "forgetting that the school was entitled to the same very year of the centenary and who made this choice made him think of the different Oritani patriots. Perhaps it also ignores the Monaco as an administrator is also responsible for school and education. Traces of this commitment, you can find in the records of the municipal nursery and documentation the elementary schools. Insofar as the quote that you do not understand what his son Dante has to do with a law degree with the letterhead of the school. Or maybe you want to say that education should not ignore the story and must only deal to broadcast content (as does the current education pseudoministro?).
in what I owned the house now it has never been in possession of the family in Monaco Glad that belonged to the family since the end of 1700. Glad the family had received a donation from the Italian canon Barsanofio who lived there and owned a mill (now the home of Dr. Cesare Leone). The canon, dying, had bequeathed a niece married to Dr. Cosimo Glad paternal grandfather of my grandmother Beatrice Content in Filoti (descending, his mother's side, by Camillo Monaco). [Note: I corrected the inaccuracies in question as reported by Filoti, Ed]
With regard to the current home of the family of Dean Mazza I have always felt that the house belonged to the family but Monaco, up to Now, I have not found documentation that establishes with certainty.
also assure you that I do not have any documents (or at least so far I have not found) showing that the possession by the family of the house of Giulio Monaco Caforio. I know that in the last century (ie since the early 1900) was in possession of the family quell'abitazione Montanari who then gave it to Emily Mazza. The back (the one where there is an arc that in the alley behind the house) belonged to the family and other Camposeo. The family Camposeo, including, ran one of the oldest kilns Oria is still intact and is very beautiful. As the arms
please observe better because it depicts a coat of arms Monaco hippogriff holding a silver globe. The emblem depicts a different animal in the photo, at whose feet seem to be a character who, personally, I can not clearly distinguished and the top rather than a globe it seems to me a flower. On this perhaps the prof. John Ferraioli will be much more helpful. On the
writes Professor Welcome, I respect that person and to which I am bound by sincere friendship I do not share the reading of the events that gave.
This is a very partisan reading with regard to the rehabilitation of Bishop Margarita. I intend to write further after a more thorough reading of the cards (including unpublished material).
the rest of the figure of Mons Margarita there we can get an idea by reading the words of Turrisi, Palumbo and Argentina and I do not think it comes out a very clear picture as a priest, in fact.
I limit myself to only invite you to reflect on the political context and to compare (Albeit small) of what happened in Italy after the Resistance, or even what happened after the riots of 1848. All changes lead resistance, hatred and violence and the rest were less than the robbers Bourbon as evidenced by the same Dr. Andriani in his valuable research.
The weather was still burning and therefore were daily clashes.
Mine is not a justification of violence but an attempt to explain and understand. From reading the correspondence and evidence, indicated that they tried to avoid confrontation but spirits were very excited.
Moreover, moving in a different context is not what happened in Genoa during the G8? Or is what happened in the motions Avola or Reggio Emilia? When the political struggle and the far reaches of the clash between the square and squares and such things often happen, in my opinion, the real culprits to be found in those who use the streets as pawns of the political game and not only in those squares who then acts protagonist.
However, beyond the responsibility in the affair would not want to diminish the role of Monaco and patriots who pledged themselves to free Italy from an illiberal regime.
Again, someone, and not unreasonably, might object on the errors of the Savoy and the governments of left and right on economic policy, industrial, agricultural and transport sectors in the South.
Here is an interesting debate and would useful to reread the studies Salvemini, Nitti, Giolitti, etc. Cross. the problem, but this is not the place to discuss it.
That said, I will stop here for now and, anyway, I want to thank you for having provoked in some way a cultural debate in Oria (a rare thing in these times in which matters much more than being and appearing to have and to 'act).
I would just ask you to give publicity to these reflections and this is my contribution to better understand the history of local area (but also the nation's history) in a time when there are widespread attempts to deny its value.
"He has no memory of his past can not design future "(Primo Levi)
Hail and embrace you with esteem and affection
Oria March 19, 2010 Salvatore Filoti
thank his friend Salvatore Filoti for this valuable contribution. I hope there are others, not just his, but also other citizens, who, without wanting to "criminalize" Camillo Monaco, they contribute to shed light on everything that happened 150 years ago in Oria. I must emphasize that if the "moving some very inaccurate and distorted information about the figure of Camillo Monaco ", as claimed Filoti, I certainly can not be held responsible for what I am. Still less prof. Welcome Antonio or D / ssa Andriani. Apparently someone has been horrified to read of the death of three people, March 31, 1861, in circumstances still not entirely clear, and will freely drawn their own conclusions! Do not forget that Italy is taking place in a kind of revisionism that everything was in Italian history during those years. The robbers Garibaldi and the same are seen with different eyes now. Reserving the right to intervene in the matter I would still say a little something about the analogy made by Filoti with the facts of the G8 in Genoa. I do not think that there are still gray areas in the affair of Genoa. For the death of Carlo Giuliani, and some have been convicted even obliged to pay parties (read HERE ). Camillo Monaco unlike the events in Genoa was tried 8-9 years after the death of the two shepherds and Sartorio, and this was one of the reasons for which he was acquitted. It 's still an active committee per Carlo Giuliani (read HERE) and I am sure that Giuliani will not be forgotten, someone will be promoted to a title in his name to something a lasting memory. I am also sure that will never be called a school or someone responsible for the nasty business of the G8 in Genoa.
I wonder and I ask you: "It 's just that the three Oritani who unfortunately died on Easter Sunday 1861 in Oria at the hands of elements of the Guard National under the command of Camillo Monaco, should be forgotten forever .... from all of us? "I copy and paste a passage from the document signed by the prof-analysis. Welcome: [ that the intervention of the National Guard was useless it relies heavily on the statements made during the process:
Francesco D'Amico, guard National, said that neither Saturday or Easter Sunday there was no reason to fear a revolt.
Vincenzo D'Amico said he had taken in that way you get rid of the "reactionary."
Angelo De Angelis, National Guard, said that the Guard was neither caused nor threatened.
Domenico Greek called the National Guards 'foam robbers' protected by Monaco. John Toscano, the National Guard, accused the Monaco, saying that it was he who incited the guards. ] The fact that Filoti said today that there still unreleased documents about the history of those years Oria, supporting the hypothesis (mine and others) that until now there has never been the willingness of local politicians and scholars analyze all with or without "historical method second Bloch and Jacques Le Goff. " In relation to afore then Filoti ago that the house was once Emily Mazza and now Julius Caforio, I must point out that he perhaps strange that the same Giulio Caforio recently purchased the bakery and the house at number Camposeo 36 is found located at the front where the coat of arms which I think might be of Monaco. That house became the property of the deceased Ntunucciu Camposeo (bachelor, carpenter, member of the town band, nicknamed Santuroccu) in the eighties.
0 comments:
Post a Comment